Friday, July 15, 2011

On the Grow #2

     Sorry it took all week to post, but besides the day job, I've been helping with VBS at church in the evenings.  It's always fun and refreshing to be around young children especially when your own are grown.  So I've been having fun, but that hasn't left much free time to create or write posts.
     My Monday Mailer for this week used the other stamp in the "On the Grow" set.  I like to make myself use all of what is available in a set.  You never know what gem you might go undiscovered because it never saw ink.  I was using Green Galore, Perfect Plum and Very Vanilla for this card with More Mustard thrown into the mix.  I was NOT sure how the colors would work since I'd looked for a unusual combination in my Color Coach and then changed it up a bit.  Actually turned out pretty well I think.  Before I added the brads, the basic jewel headlight and spritzed on some green galore with the Color Spritzer Tool, it was a different story.  I'm always amazed at the difference a tiny touch like a brad or jewel can make it the over all look.  Again I used the blender pen to color in the scooter.  I think the blender pen makes a wonderful tool for watercoloring.
    So here's my card...What do you think?

Stampin' Supplies: Very Vanilla, Green Galore and Perfect Plum cardstock.  Stazon black ink, silver brads, piercing tool, basic jewel (headlight) blender pen and ink pads, Spritzer tool and Green Galore Stampin' Write Marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment