Sunday, August 14, 2011

Strength and Hope

     While I was still working on Monday Mailers, I decided that there really weren't a lot of colors I didn't like or wouldn't use together.  Amazingly, with a bit of thought you can put almost any colors together if you don't use too much of at least one of them or tone them down with a third or fourth color.  Anyway my featured color not to use on this card was one of last year's In Colors -- Concord Crush.  It's a very deep purple, and I've never really cared for it.  I don't know WHY I don't like it since I usually like the pinks, roses and plums, but I don't.
     So I decided that if I used pinks that the Concord Crush might not over power those and at least blend a bit.  I got out some Pretty in Pink cardstock along with the Concord Crush and grabbed my new Lace Ribbon Border punch.  Used along with Rose Red ink and Dazzling Diamonds, here is the result.
     I really like the stamps in this set.  There are four which include the butterfly, the adornment I used on the envelope flap, the "H" for hope which I used inside and the words.  The butterfly is very pretty with fine detail that makes a gorgeous image.  Covered with some glue and Dazzling Diamonds glitter, you couldn't ask for a better butterfly stamp.  Don't miss out on this set -- It's only available until August 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment